Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bad Mommy, Good News

So, the bad mommy has been a bad blogger. A week ago I promised pictures and an update. I'm sorry its been so long. :(

Everyone has left now, even Noni, and we expect Uncle Mack to come for a visit tomorrow. So Gracie and I are on our own for today. She's napping now, so I thought I'd come fulfill my overdue promise.

Luckily, I have great news to share from our clinic visit yesterday. Firstly, her counts are still great... WBC 7.5 and Neutrophils 5.3 ... all the other numbers are great as well.
Secondly, they tested her engraftment last week (although they forgot to tell me about it) so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Gracie is still 100% engrafted with her donor's cells.
Thirdly, I finally learned that Gracie's new cells are producing alpha-L iduronidase- our missing enzyme- and plenty of it, so regarding the transplant for its original purpose, we can say for sure that it worked. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Now our concerns are of course to stay engrafted, stay healthy, start eating, and combat GVHD (Graft-Versus-Host Disease).

Gracie's birthday was wonderful, and thank you all for the wonderful cards, gifts, and well-wishes we received. I consider myself so blessed to have such a wonderful support system and we definitely feel so loved even though we're far away.

Ok, so how about some pictures.... I hope these are worth the wait. :)

Gracie and Mommy at the fireworks


Gracie's birthday cake... actually it was Garcie's cake.


Gracie and Daddy snuggling


And 2 from Gracie's birthday dinner at Applebees. What a big girl!


9 comments:

Raising Baby Bee said...

Oh thank you for posting all the great photos! She's getting more and more beautiful!

Yea Yea Yea! for the enzyme!!!! I can't believe how beautifully this process has gone for you.

Anonymous said...

That is super awesome news! What a trooper she is. LOVE those pics.

lola said...

OMG she is just doing excellent. I love all the pics she just warms my heart.

Love you all.

xo lo

Reign said...

Awww, Gracie looks so great even in her little mask! Happy belated birthday little munchkin!!!

Amanda Salazar said...

I'm so happy to hear that Gracie is producing that much needed enzyme. Way to go Gracie!!

What terrific pictures of little Gracie. She's looking so good. That picture of her laying on Jimmy is just precious.

Jack's Mommy said...

I am so excited to hear Gracie is producing her missing enzyme...how completely wonderful and awesome!!

Patty

*Adriann* said...

OMG Sarah that is such amazing news!!! We knew she was a fighter. Thank you for updating and posting pics. LMAO at Garcie and you DO have the same B&W shirt as Sashi!!!

Auntie Chris said...

YAY - great news, and the photos of Garcie, uh, oops, Gracie are amazing...YAY!!!

Testdriver said...

That birthday dress is so fly!!!

Wherever did you get it?