Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So far...

our efforts to find travel via Angel Flight and other such charitable organizations has not been going well. Most of the Angel services only provide travel for up to 1000 miles. We are almost 1500 miles from home. Also, the other patient travel service organizations say that they are unable to help us because they don't provide one-way travel. They could have possibly helped with roundtrip travel, but not just to travel home. Its a bit discouraging.

In the meantime, I am starting to contact the airlines who have programs to help with travel for sick kids ( we'd still have to fly on a regular plane, but they help with expenses), but those resources have been taking a hit due to the financial status of most of the airlines right now. We're hopeful that something still might come through for us... you never know.

Besides that, Gracie is still doing great. Our main struggle is still with the eating issue, but she is really trying. They took the fats out of her TPN hoping that it might stimulate her appetite, but she's still not taking in enough food to sustain herself. We are continuing to work on it though and Gracie is truly blooming despite the difficulty. I am really so proud of her. :)

5 comments:

lola said...

I really hope you guys find some help getting safetly home.

I am so proud of our little trooper, she is amazing.

*Adriann* said...

UGH wth?? roundtrip?? man I am so sorry. I really hope something turns up to keep peanut healthy and safe!

Testdriver said...

Just a thought...

Any limit on stay time for round-trip flights? You will have to come back some time for a checkup, right? Maybe that could be the "round" side of your angel flight, and you could come back home commercial---she'll probably be much healthier by then, anyway...

Jack's Mommy said...

Sarah,

If you do need to fly commercial and you can find a mileage saver flight on US Air, I have enough miles for one mileage saver flight right now and would be willing to donate them to you and Gracie if you need them. Just not sure if US Air flies between those two cities or not and not sure if they have any mileage save flights, which would cost about 25, 000 miles, which I have readily available if you need them. Just let me know.

Patty

Uncle Mack said...

Sarah,

I also have usairways miles I can donate. One way and round trip tickets are the same # of miles, so if we go that route, I'm with Mandy that we should book round trip.

I checked, and assuming you leave on the 22nd, right now they are Milage saver flights, so you guys would at least go first class and be comfy with fewer people around.

Let me know. xoxox