Friday, August 22, 2008

Be it ever so humble....

there really is no place like home.

We're here! So Miss VIP Gracie flew home in serious style via private jet on Wednesday afternoon. The flight was smooth and a short 3 hours. Gracie played and slept and watched Teletubbies and enjoyed a mask-less flight while Mommy and Daddy enjoyed plenty of legroom, large tray tables, and plush leather seats that recline all the way... wow! It was amazing. Thank you so much to our benefactors, pilots and friends who went out of their way to bring us home in such comfort. We are truly grateful for all of the care and kindnesses that made this come together for us.

As we approched the runway of Lake City Municipal Airport for landing, we were able to see a small gathering of people waving with a banner and balloons, and a fleet of Columbia County EMS ambulances with lights flashing to welcome us. At that moment my husband and I smiled together with tears in our eyes knowing that we are so blessed to have such a caring community here in Lake City. Our hearts could not have been more full than at that moment.

Gracie exited the jet and was greeted with smiles, tears, and cheers from so many of our loved ones and she, of course, smiled and showed off for this new adoring audience. :) It was a truly triumphant moment in her battle against Hurler Syndrome and I can't wait to tell her about it over and over as she grows up.

Here are a few pictures from our arrival.

Landing in our awesome ride!


Ambulances from Daddy's work with lights flashing just for us!


Pulling up to the hangar.


Here comes the Peanut!


What a bunch of crybabies! Gracie, Mommy & Daddy with Noni, Munts, and Mema. :) Gracie was the only non-crybaby.


The beautiful banner from our church family.


With our awesome pilots! These guys were amazing.


First steps on Florida Soil.


Our wonderful friends while they were waiting for us to come home.


I have so many more great pics from our arrival. I'll try to get a few more up soon.

We're settling in at home and trying hard not to let Tropical Storm Fay rain on our parade. Miss Gracie has been having fun discovering all of the "new" toys and stuff which has really been fun to watch.

She is turning into such a character.

More soon.

10 comments:

Uncle Mack said...

Yay P-NUT. I miss you tons and tons. Send that plane to come get me and bring me home for a visit! Sounds awesome.

Seriously, we need to figure out a great way to than those pilots and owner of that plane.

Others we need to thank: Dr. Tolar, Dr. Orchard and the nursing staff at UMN. RMH. Anyone else?

Emily said...

Yay! We're so glad you're home. Give Gracie a hug for us - maybe we can see y'all soon!

Rylie Suzanna said...

Way to go Gracie! We are so thrilled to know you are back home. Many thanks to the people to arranged your flight. It is so nice to get home fast and not have to travel through dirty commercial airports. We are so excited for everyone there.

Love,
L, J & R

*Adriann* said...

I love it!!! I am so happy to see you all home safe and sound!! I am sure there is an adjustment period but Gracie must feel like a bird out of cage (as do you!!) Love all of you tons!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are home and the flight went well.

jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenna said...

I am so so happy for all of you!! I've been spending a lot of time thinking about you and praying for you guys. I'm SO GLAD I got to meet you, Sarah and Gracie! What a blessing.

lola said...

Welcome Home Lil' Monk!!
I am so happy for you guys, when you get settled in, please call me so we can cry together again!!

We love you guys so much!!

Reign said...

I'm so happy you made it safely home and in style! I had tears in my eyes reading about the wonderful homecoming you got from everyone there in Florida. I hope you are all settling in OK, lots of kisses and hugs from me, Gale & Madison!

Rylie Suzanna said...

We want more photos of Gracie at home!!! More photos, more photos, more photos! :)

Hope you all are hanging in there and settling into a routine. We think about you guys all the time. Guess we'll see you in November when our girls will be able to start tapering the CSA. YEA!!!

Love,
The Hays people