Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Their Wa-ay-ay... Home Sweet Home!

Well, Fay or no-Fay, Gracie and her parents are supposed to be on their way home as I type.

They will be arriving at Lake City Inter-continental Airport this afternoon/evening. :) I have mixed emotions... I'm so so happy for them. It's hard to imagine Sarah being away from home for 4 months! But I'm worried about the weather, and I'm headed to Minneapolis tomorrow to pick up my Jeep (it has been there all summer), and was really really hoping to give Gracie and Sarah another hug and kiss before they headed back. Oh well. Getting home sooner is best for them. I know they are nervous, leaving the exceptional care team in Minneapolis, but they have contacted a doctor at Nemours in Jax who has a little bit of experience with Hurler kids.

Give them a warm welcome. And get rid of that pesky storm. I can't stand the thought of Fay welcoming them back to FL...

Uncle Mack


5 comments:

Unknown said...

We didn't let a hurricane stand in the way of getting Gracie home. Gracie and family arrived safely at 5:45 and were warmly welcomed by many of their Lake City friends. Gracie had a great time on the trip and was charming to all those who greeted her at the airport.
We're so sorry you missed them Mack but perhaps you'll get to Lake City soon. We certainly hope so.
xoxo Noni & Munts

Testdriver said...

Hooray!

Safe on the ground! Now all we need is the TPN delivery and all will be well!

Congratulations, guys, and welcome to your "new" adventure!

We love you--and Uncle Mack, too!!!

*Adriann* said...

OMG this is such wonderful news!!! I can't wait to see pics of Gracie in home sweet home!! We knew this day would come!

The Boni Family said...

I am so glad you are home safely. We have been following your journey since the beginning and think you all are a wonderful family. Congrats!!!

Reign said...

Wow, you guys are already home!!! I hope you are settling in and just enjoying all your creature comforts-there's no place like home!!!