Friday, August 8, 2008

Day +92 ... Tube in, tube out x 2

Ok, so we've made it to the 90's and we've had a few moments of excitement in the past few weeks.

So Gracie's eating situation has not improved enough, so this past Tuesday we decided to put an NG tube in to try and get her tummy stuff moving. Well, she got it in around 1 pm, and by 11 pm, it was out. Our girl did not like it at all. So Wednesday morning we head back to clinic with our tubeless Gracie and had them replace the tube. It seemed that she was tolerating the second tube much better, and so Wednesday night, Gracie had her first formula feeds through the tube overnight. I was delighted to see Gracie wake up on Thursday morning with a full tummy and the tube still in.

So on our blissful Thursday morning as Noni was packing to head back home, Gracie began to vomit. She vomited quite a bit of the formula she had gotten overnight, and then surprise.... she also vomited the tube. So out it came again.

It has stayed out this time, and our Doc has decided that Gracie is just not ready for it and she needs more time. So in the meantime, we will continue to try and get her to eat the regular way and we'll revisit this issue sometime next week.

Gracie ate the equivalent of a whole cheeto at dinner tonight, so at least I can say that she's trying. :)

We're getting closer and closer to coming home and I am so excited. Although I must admit that I will miss Minnesota... and especially the gorgeous summer weather. I laugh everytime the humidity climbs to 60% here and everyone starts complaining about how muggy and sticky it is. Too funny.

xoxo

6 comments:

*Adriann* said...

oh poor thing. Vomited the tube?? Man that had to be uncomfortable. I hope she can start eating something really soon! Cheetos are good but you gotta eat more than one! We love you guys xoxo

Testdriver said...

Nuvy says if Gracie has any more Cheetos, she wants some.

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

xoxo
Hyster

Rylie Suzanna said...

Hi guys, we miss you, but home is nice!!! Keep trying to eat, Gracie. We know it's really, really hard, but you can do it. We're thinking about you as you get closer to heading south with the birds.

Love,
Hays Family

lola said...

No wonder I am gaining weight, I have been eatting for two, Gracie and I.

Come on lil' monk eat up!

Love and Cheetos!

xo lo

Dalayna said...

I hope Gracie can eat soon!!
I'm thinking about you guys alot & hope you get to go home soon!

Auntie Chris said...

mmmm, Cheetos! I'm sorry to hear about the "tube situation" - I'm sending my "see-food diet" wishes and thoughts (that is, you eat everything you see)...

Hugs to all!