Sunday, September 7, 2008

News!

Gracie is growing up!

Just last week she cut her first tooth. I totally forgot to blog about it. (yes- it seems late, but Hurler kids get teeth a lot later than most... we were expecting to wait a few more months yet!) Its so cute. I wiggle my (clean) finger in her face and say, "you gimme that toof!" and she opens wide for me to feel it. What a silly little peanut.

Also, she's crawling. Not much, but enough to get her where she wants to be... which is usually on Mommy. This is a huge step because Hurler children also have less range of motion in their joints than most other kids, so crawling (which utilizes the shoulder joints a LOT) can be problematic or even painful. So while she's not really what I would call "mobile", she is crawling short distances and it seems to not hurt her at all.

Way to go Gracie!!!!

6 comments:

Raising Baby Bee said...

WOW! Growing up so fast. She's amazing and continues to leave me speachless. What a brave, strong girl and a wonderfully loving Mommy.

Rylie Suzanna said...

WHOA! A tooth! That's great news. Now be careful putting your finger in the mouth. She may decide to chomp down like Rylie does! :) Thanks for the update. We're glad things are going well.

*Adriann* said...

im sorry i have been MIA lately. I am slammed busy at work and have had a couple of photoshoots I had to edit!! I can't believe she is crawling!! That's so awesome. Het a pic of that tooth!

petrichor said...

It's hard to convey exactly how huge it is that she's made so many strides. Her development sounds GREAT and I am so happy for all the good news.

lola said...

Ahh a tooth, the better to eat her cheetos with!

I am amazed at her strides despite all that she has endured. She will run the world someday.

Kisses and pugs, and hugs from all of us.
xoxo

The Boni Family said...

I believe new cute pictures are in order!!! We need some proof ... lol. Glad all is going well.