Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update...

So after speaking with our nurse this morning, we do not need to head back to Jax as of yet. Like I said in my previous posts, RSV is a virus and therefore, its not really treatable... all you can do is treat the symptoms. So far, Gracie's only symptom is a fever and we've gotten it down to a reasonable 99.7 degrees with Tylenol. Dr. Joyce wants us to go back to the ER today and get another IV infusion of a general antibiotic just to be on the safe side, since we now know that Gracie's new immune system is going to be busy fighting this RSV for a little while.

Other than that, we have to just let this run its course. We have to make sure that Gracie is well hydrated and keep an eye on her breathing. We have a prescription for a nebulizer and meds to use to try and break up any secretions that may start hanging around her airway, and so we'll just watch closely.

3 comments:

Uncle Mack said...

I wish I could just put her in a bubble for a year... :(

G-Love, fight fight fight! I want you to feel good when I come to see you!

Raising Baby Bee said...

You're in my prayers... Gracie is a STRONG little girl. All my love.

Elizabeth said...

We're praying for sweet Gracie.