Friday, March 28, 2008

ERT #7

Our 7th ERT was Wednesday and I must say, it was the best one so far. No mishaps at all, and the process went smoothly and much faster. We were really impressed. Gracie again did beautifully and she actually seemed to enjoy her dressing change. She stayed still and quiet through the entire process!

So despite our early experiences, it seems that Shands is finally catching up to our expectations. We had a nice chat with Dr. Kelly about Gracie's cord blood matches and upcoming transplant, and she is very confident that Gracie will do well. She is still very healthy and showing lots of improvement developmentally. She even brought Gracie a sweet teddy bear to play with. :)

Developmentally, Gracie is doing great. We're finally hearing some structured babbling- despite having no news from Early Intervention about speech therapy. Grrrr - I need to call them today. She's also sitting up on her own, playing with 2 toys at the same time, and trying to crawl and clap. We are so proud of her! She's still loving trying new foods... she's really taken a liking to papaya these days!

Anyway, we're slowly trying to gear up for our trip back to MN. I am excited to get going with Gracie's transplant while she's doing so well, but I must admit, I am not looking forward to being away for so long. :( I am going to miss our daily life here so much- our friends, family, and especially our church family are so important to us. I know that we will be well taken care of in MN, but as everyone knows, there's just no place like home.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

So glad that it is going so well. Cant belive that it is so close to time for you all to be returning up north. Sounds like Gracie is doing realy well with sitting up and playing. Still thinking and praying for you all every day.

*Adriann* said...

such good news!! I love to hear that Gracie is growing up and doing a lot of new and wonderful things. I will be following along religiously while you are in MN

mykidsmomx4 said...

Our church family at home was invaluable to us as they helped do some remodeling to make the place safe for Lauren to come home to (no more carpets or mold or dust for this very old house). But I also do not know where I would be without my church family in MN. I opened up the yellow pages and one church leapt off the page to me. I went there and everyone was so friendly and accomodating. They came to visit us at the hospital and became just great friends.
I don't know what brand of church you worship at, but I can bet that God will lead you to one that will be a blessing to you during your stay and when you return for yearly checkups.

Mine was the Bethel Assembly of God... about 10 minutes from RMH via 35W South.