Monday, March 31, 2008

Turn off the waterworks!

Mommy is getting increasingly more emotional as we countdown the days to our departure. Reality has set in. Gracie and I are moving away from our loved ones for a significant amount of time. Not only that, but we will be entering a pretty scary type of environment. Hospital rooms, chemo, machines beeping all day and night... doesn't sound like much fun. But we will make the best of it and keep our eyes on the prize- a triumphant return home with a Gracie full of healthy, active, enzyme-producing cells! Our tickets are booked and let me tell you how hard I cried when I booked those one-way tickets to Minneapolis. :(
At least I can keep telling myself that Gracie will never remember any of this and find that comfort in even the worst of times. She's my little trooper, and she's shown such amazing grace (pardon the pun) in dealing with everything thus far. I just know in my heart that she will continue to fight this fight in her own special way. God bless her little fighter's heart.
On the upside, I am looking forward to spending some time with our Uncle Mack again though. :) He's always been a huge light in my life. (no blushing, Mackie!) What a lucky couple of girls Gracie and I are to have such an amazing family on both my side and Jimmy's!
Mema and Great-mema have been tirelessly making little tube tops to cover and hold Gracie's central line and I think Great-mema is busy working on a few fashionable hats for Gracie's bald chemo head as well. I can't wait to see them. :)

4 comments:

Testdriver said...

Keep your head up, Hyssy! Think of all those trips to the Mall of America!!

If that doesn't help, imagine you are a foreign tourist who has come to the Mall of America to learn about american culture!

Uncle Vanya, Nuvy and I are all looking forward to springtime in Minnesota. We can't wait to see you! And I can't wait to kiss Gracie on that saucy bald head!!

xoxo
Aunt Hys, Uncle Kent, Nuvy and Van-the-Man

*Adriann* said...

no mommy should ever have to watch her child have chemo but I think if anyone can pull through it with flying colors it's you and Gracie! Love you both!

mykidsmomx4 said...

You'll know it's time to head home when you walk around at the Mall of America on day and say "This mall really isn't that big..." I went just for their NASCAR simulators... I can't help it. I LOVE those things.

Kelsey said...

I agree with Adriann, if anyone can do it, it is you.
I still keep Gracie, you and Jimmy in my thoughts and prayers every day. I hope you have a very safe trip up north.