Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wonderful news from U of MN!

So on Friday evening after a lovely dinner out with our wonderful church family, I got a telephone call from the University of Minnesota's Marrow Donation Center and they told me that the have 2 "beautiful matches" for Gracie- both of them are donated umbilical cords, exactly what we were hoping for! So far, testing is almost complete on both of them. The nurse who called said that they were both chock full of stem cells and that either of them should be more than enough for our little Peanut! Woohoo! I cannot tell you how exciting this news is for me. It has refreshed my hopes for Gracie and given me a new burst of energy regarding our monotonous treatments and endless doctor visits. We have a match... we have a new start for Gracie's life and a new reason to keep pushing forward with hope. I am really looking forward to returning to Minnesota and getting the show on the road.


Gracie is doing great as well. She's been her little crazy self as usual, but increasingly more and more social. I just love it. She's sitting up all on her own now and has even managed to get a little bit of forward momentum when she's lying on her tummy. No crawling yet, more of a squirming to reach whatever toy she's trying to get to in front of her. I suspect that she'll be pretty mobile soon, so I think its time to start thinking about childproofing. Yikes. Now there's a REAL challenge.



11 comments:

Emily said...

That's great news! Yay! And Gracie is such a cutie-pie in these pictures - she looks just like Mommy!

Uncle Mack said...

Great News!!!! YAY! Gracie looks fantastic, by the way. She really does. Her hair looks lighter, almost red.

Dana said...

A match! That's wonderful news! And two is even better. What a happy little squirmer you have there.

Lori said...

That's the best news ever!! The pictures are the best and yes, she does look like her Mom!!
And as a post note to your previous on that way too cool stroller..maybe we can hold out hope that there will be some sort of early thaw up there and you won't have to navigate through the mucky mess!!

Kelsey said...

That is great news! I bet too that she will be mobile very soon. I think he hair looks lighter too, and she does look just like mommy. What a cutie pie she is.

Reign said...

OMG a match!!!! WOOHOO! I'm so so happy for you guys. And Gracie is looking so adorable, belated happy 8 months sweet girl!

Amanda Salazar said...

This is fantastic news! I'm so happy that there is a match for Gracie, and not just one, but two!

She looks so adorable in those photos. Definitely looks like her mommy. She genuinely looks happier in those photos too!

*Adriann* said...

THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL WEEK!!!!!! WWAAHHHOOOOOOO. She is freaking ADORABLE!!!! sorry it's taken me so long to get here. Sasha has been very very sick with bad ear infections. but I'm here now!!

mykidsmomx4 said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! Praying many blessings on those anonymous donors of that precious cord blood that so many just throw away!

We will never know our donor, yet I think of them every single day. So glad to see such beautiful baby pictures! She is ADORABLE!

HUGS HUGS HUGS
Kindall & Lauren
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laurenslife

Unknown said...

Hey its Janelle and Chase! Just wanted to tell you that we are thinking about you guys constantly.
She looks so beautiful in the new pics you have poster. Her hair is such a beautiful color!
We love you guys.

lola said...

2 "beautiful matches" are the most joyous words I have ever heard! It brought tears to my eyes.
Gracie is just beautimus, because she looks just like her mommy.
The dirlos still pray every night for you guys. We love you!