Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ERT effects thus far


So I must say, I have gotten so many comments from family and friends that Gracie seems to be a much happier baby, and that she even looks a bit better since she has been on ERT... and even from week to week.


I have to agree. Gracie has been much less fussy in general and seems to be happier and easier to entertain these days. I absolutely love it.

She still maintains a great appetite - sweet potatoes are her very favorite food, and she loves to play with her toys and in her jumpy chair. Its wonderful! Now if I could get her to go to bed a bit earlier, all would be right with the world. ;) I am definately looking forward to seeing how she progresses after more ERT treatments.


Eileen, our ERT nurse from Minnesota called yesterday to check in. Nice chat. They're still planning on having us back on April 14th, and I must admit, I am looking forward to it. I really miss the people there and of course, the great medical care.

Still waiting to hear from Early Intervention regarding Gracie's speech therapy. At this rate, we'll be back in Minnesota before it even gets started. Grrr.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in with everyone and update you on Gracie's progress. I am really happy to see her blooming.


Here's a cute pic of our princess from last week. Sorry for the blurry quality, it was from my camera phone. :)




10 comments:

Uncle Mack said...

Wow! She really looks different! I need to see more recent pictures of her so I can tell if it's just a camera phone thing or if she really does look that different!

Also, just wanted to add that Sarah told me that Gracie is now mobile! She rolls all over the place! :)

Unknown said...

hey Mack! Did you see that Dr. Whitley signed the guestbook??? Woohoo! Yay for Dr. Whitley!

Reign said...

OMG Sarah that pic of Gracie is soooo adorable!!! Is it me or is she really starting to look different? Amazing stuff huh? o

mykidsmomx4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mykidsmomx4 said...

(Sorry for the deleted comment) Love the new pic of Princess Gracie! Glad to see an update (I wish I could figure out how to 'subscribe' to them... right now I am just coming back to check every day or two).

*Adriann* said...

she really IS looking a bit different!!! I love that picture!! Love you!

Testdriver said...

She is such a beautiful girl. Wait until Uncle Kent gets a hold of her!

It seems amazing that the ERT could change her so fast. Has that been the experience of other parents with Hurler kids?

I am totally stunned--but in a GOOD way!

:)

Kelsey said...

I am so glad that she is doing well. And look at her so cute!

The Atchisons said...

You mentioned waiting to hear back from Early Intervention and I just had to post to you- I used to be a Service Coordinator for my home state for EI, and I can tell you, you might be in for long road of headaches in that department, which will probably be balanced out by the terrific therapists you'll meet along the way, if Florida's anything like my state is... :(

Unknown said...

Yikes. That is what I am afraid of. Here's hoping for a good result. Thanks so much.