Friday, March 7, 2008

Ok, so a normal life update for our adoring fans

Gracie is a busy bee between all of our Dr. visits and infusions. She is currently a complete log roller. She can roll from back to front and front to back these days, so she rolls all over the place all the time. :) She also likes to roll onto her tummy and try to get her legs under her. Looks like she will be mobile pretty soon. So far the only progress she makes in that arena is to turn herself around, kind of like a hand on a clock goes around. Its pretty cute although she is easily frustrated at her lack of mobility right now.

She also can sit up completely unsupported. She's still a bit tippy, but for the most part she is getting pretty good at it.


New stuff- we got Gracie a new stroller for our return to Minnesota. Its way cool and around here we call it the Cadillac. :) Fancy contraption to the max! Gracie still has a bit of stranger anxiety, so I wanted a stroller that could have her face me or face out depending on how she's feeling that particular day. And as I looked for one, I realized that as simple as that requirement is, there are not many strollers that will do it. And those that do are pretty pricey. Well luck was on our side this past Sunday when on a whim we visited the local Home and Patio Show and saw that a baby store in Gainesville had a booth there. I spoke to the lady about my fruitless search and she pulled out this cool stroller that had an easily reversible handle and all-direction wheels. Cool stuff. She was giving us the demo and then she opened the canopy all the way and it seriously extends all the way down almost to the baby's knees! WOW! And with a light-sensitive baby like we have, that was a really attractive feature. It was still a bit pricey, so Jimmy and I decided to make another lap around the booths to think about it. The saleslady clinched the deal when she offered us a discount to take it off her hands right then and there. SOLD!

So far, Gracie seems to really love it. She seems really comfy in it and not anxious at all. We're all very pleased with the purchase so far. Now time will only tell if it can handle the snowy slush that will be awaiting us in Minnesota. :) You never know.
Here it is, the Bumbleride Flyer in Ruby Ruby. :)



Other than that, Gracie is just being Gracie. She loves jumping in her jumpy chair and pulling off her socks at every opportunity. She is enjoying trying some new foods... most recently pureed carrots and here are a few pics of her enjoying her dinner last night- pureed spinach and raisins. Yummy!




I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You go Gracie girl!
xoxo noni & munts

Testdriver said...

good to see that the spinach and raisins worked for another kid!

go spinach!!

*Adriann* said...

Sarah, I hope you don't take offense to this because I've always thought Gracie was as cute as a button but her facial features are really getting alot softer!! She is one gorgeous little sweetpea

Reign said...

So happy you found a stroller that met your requirements & that you got a good deal on. And Gracie is just as adorable as ever enjoying her spinach!

Uncle Mack said...

She looks great! I can't wait to see you guys!

Kelsey said...

She is getting so big! Before you know it she will be crawling all over the place. What great pics of the little cutie. Is her hair getting lighter, or was it just the camera? I have always thought she had such pretty hair.

Lauren said...

Just wanted to leave a message of support and let you know that Gracie is (and will continue to be) in my thoughts and prayers. I'm Lauren, Jimmy's cousin from TN. (I'm currently living at Ft. Knox in KY, though) Jimmy's mother sent an email to my mother and she, in return, directed me to the blog. I've added it to my blogroll so I could stay updated (and remember the link!). Gracie is simply adorable! The photos you've posted of her are just too cute for words!