Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ahh... Relaxing on Humpday

(Me and the therapy doggie!)

Hello all. Today was a relaxing day with no doctor appointments. This evening after dinner we played for a bit, and then Uncle Mack and Daddy went to Ikea (My GPS just calls it I-kee :) ) and Target in an effort to buy some very cheap additional storage since the White's will be in the smaller RMH room for a while. It's not tiny by any stretch. The size of an average hotel room. But with a full/queen bed, a twin bed, a crib, a jumpy chair, two dressers, a table, and a mini-fridge, there is not much room for two adult's belongings, and a baby with tons of medical supplies. It's tight in here, to say the least, and sometimes uncle Mack gets a little claustrophobic and has to leave the room... :)

Fortunately, we did really well. We got some hang in the closet thingys and some under the bed storage bins and didn't spend more than 5 or 6 bucks on any one thing!

Well, as promised, here are some updated pictures of the monkeychuck... Gracie seems to be a lot better, and her rash is clearing up too. Everything seems on course for ourhospital admission on Friday. She's ready to fight the good fight - and Win!

(My best school pictures!)


(At the big girl table for dinner)

It gets harder and harder (for Uncle Mackie) to leave the RMH each night, as Gracie gets cuter and cuter by the day (by the way, she is clapping now). Since I know that she will be in the hospital for a few months, and she doesn't know, I know we won't get to play as often so I just don't want to leave. :( I have to keep reminding myself, "think big picture" and "keep your eyes on the prize." It's very tough.

Of course, then within 5 or 10 minutes she starts squealing and hollering and I am ready to go... (Of course I'm just kidding, just had to lighten it up :) ).

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Awe look at her, she just gets more adorable with every picture. I am so happy they have a therapy dog for the kiddos, and parents to play with. I am a firm beliver in them. Looks like Gracie loved the doggie too. Glad that she is feeling better the rash is clearing up.

Testdriver said...

I love how she always has one of everything on. One sock, one babyleg on her arm, that's the way Van likes to dress, too!

Good luck, G-love. I'm over here doing my homework :-)

Unknown said...

Great pictures!!
Gracie looks wonderful. I'll bet she really enjoyed the dog. She may be missing her kitties.
We are praying constantly for Gracie and for all of you.
We love you so much.
xoxo noni & munts

Jimmy's mom said...

What a cutie. She's really make herself a home there, except that she has a therapy doggie instead of therapy kitties. Getting so big, before ya know it she'll be walking. Love and prayers. me-ma

Auntie Chris said...

thanks so much for the photos - how exciting, it looks like little Gracie is growing "leaps and bounds" - YAY!

Unknown said...

Gracie looks so happy, adoreable and STRONG!!! and ready to move on with this next step.

All of us in DC are sending tons of love your way.

Uncle Mack said...

She is the cutest little booger ever. I just can't stand it.