Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hello from 5D- the Transplant Unit

So Gracie was admitted yesterday and we are settled into our little room. Little being the operative word. Yikes. 1 or 2 months in HERE? I think I'll need the walls padded by Monday.

Anyway, last night Gracie made a valiant effort to sleep in the crib here, but by 3 am she was awake and not interested in sleeping anywhere without Mommy. So the nurses removed her crib and brought in a hospital bed for the 2 of us to share. Hopefully Gracie will be ready to try crib sleeping again soon. Mommy would sure like to have a bed of her own now. :)

Ok, so lets talk about today. Today is Day -12 and she started Campath today, which is an immune suppressing drug. Side affects: Fever, rash, and general yuckiness. She just registered a temp of 102.1 and has been vomiting up about half of everything she takes in. :( No rash so far. She just choked down a dose of Tylenol to fight the fever, and they'll be sending her for a chest x-ray to look for any infection and starting her on IV antibiotics in a few minutes. Those are standard procedure for fever spikes so we are not really worried that there's really an infection, just being cautious and following protocol. I hate that she's feeling bad already though. It just breaks my heart for her. I hope this day doesn't continue to drag like it has so far and I hope for a better night tonight as well.

3 comments:

Reign said...

I'm sorry to hear that Gracie is already not feeling well. :-( Keeping her in my prayers & hoping she goes back to crib sleeping soon as well.

*Adriann* said...

God I know that has to be horrible to watch! Poor little thing! T's & P's abounding in your direction

and by the way....Adriann would like to sleep in a bed of her own too

Kelsey said...

Add me to that list of those that want thier own bed,lol.

T's and P's for all, especialy little Gracie. I cant imagin how hard it must be for all involved, to see her sick.