Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Storm Season

Official notification that we are in the midwest: Tomorrow at 1:45 the city of Minneapolis will test the sirens they use to notify residents that a tornado has been spotted. We officially enter storm season in May!

Geez (I think that is the term they use here), I hope I can remember the drills we practiced in Mrs. Maxwell's class back in 5th grade! I think we were supposed to hide under our desks. I heard those sirens when I was in Omaha on business. They corralled us all into a safe room but it was weird. I guess it beats hurricane season in FL, because hurricanes cause tornadoes on top of everything else. But hurricanes are a bit easier to predict.

Today is sunny and 75 degrees. :) I need to get back to my homework - reconciling medical bills. woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They tested one inside the RMH today while Gracie was taking a nap and I was shaving my legs in the shower. Grrr..

No wait, that was someone setting their lunch on fire dowstairs and setting off the smoke alarms in the whole building.

I forgot how much fun communal living was. Its kind of like being back in Salley Hall at FSU.

;)

Testdriver said...

I remember those from Ann Arbor. I think you're supposed to go to the basement or hide under the stairs or something.

Is that right?