Thursday, April 24, 2008

An overdue Mommy post...

So, I know I am overdue for a post and I've been letting Uncle Mack pick up the slack. Sorry about that. The truth is that I feel like I have been hit by a semi truck and I'm still in a bit of shock when it comes to the reality of this whole thing. The exit consultation was probably the hardest and most agonizing thing I have had to sit through in my entire life. I didn't even make it out of the clinic before I broke down and needed to force myself to remember why we have to put our precious baby through all of this. So to put it plainly, we are still reeling.

Tomorrow, Gracie goes in early to be sedated for her MRI and lumbar puncture. Then she will be admitted to the Transplant Unit where she (and I) will live for quite some time. I'm not sure that will quite be the cure for my present homesickness, but I will definately be glad to get this show on the road so that we can get closer to our goal of bringing home a healthy Gracie.

Yuck, what a morose post.

I guess we all know why I've been leaving the posting up to Uncle Mack the past few days. :) We'll see what I can do to be a bit more chipper on my next post, ok?

6 comments:

Uncle Mack said...

I'm so sorry honey. I wish I could take it all away. :( Gracie's in great shape though. She's gonna sail right through all of this, and we'll all be so grateful when she does.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah, Mack, Jim, and Gracie!

Could you all post your mailing address there either here or on myspace for those of use who would like to do more than just cyber support?

Glad to hear things are moving along! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic with the therapy dog! Is it any warmer up there?

Jack's Mommy said...

Sarah- you all continue to be in my thoughts are prayers...Gracie will get through this and she will be better I just know it. If you need anything at all just say the word.

Patty (BBB)

Unknown said...

My precious Sarah,
I am so sorry this has to be so hard, but as you keep telling me, we have to keep our eyes on the prize.
You are an amazing Mommy and you make me so very proud.
I'm praying nonstop for you and Gracie and Jimmy. Be stong!
xoxoxoxox mom

Testdriver said...

Hey Hys.

You and Gracie and Jimmy are tougher than any of us could ever know.

This is the freight train we all knew was coming. It's here, and look how you're handling it! for what it's worth, I've never been more proud of anyone than I am of you!

You just keep putting one foot in front of the other, as only you can, and we'll all be here loving you and backing you up, just like we always said we would. No matter what.

We love you so much, and are sending all our thoughts and prayers your way. I know you're giving it all you've got, and you guys have got a lot! Gracie's going to be great!

Kelsey said...

Big hugs Sarah. I cant even imagin what is going through your head right now. But you are right, we all must move forward and keep an eye on the prize. Still keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.