Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day +27 - Early Update

Hi everyone. Just a very quick update. I just spoke with Sarah and she said that Gracie is feeling a little better today. She has been up and playing, and had her OT this morning as well. Let's hope that she keeps feeling better.

Her counts are also still OK. Her WBC count went up to 3.1, but the Neutrophils went down to 1.2. This is still well within expected range. I'm sure the counts will bounce back even more as days go on. Her creatinine clearance ticked up to .83. Not surprising to me, since they gave her a one-time boost with a turbo-diuretic to get her to pee. Her weight is still up, but has been holding steady at least.

One piece of good news that Dr. Orchard shared yesterday while we went through numbers is that Gracie is starting to produce red blood cells on her own. I don't recall why exactly this is a good sign, but I'll look it up. :) Sorry!

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along some better news early in the day.

Uncle Mack

PS - GROW! GROW! GROW! GROW!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Glad Gracie felt a bit better today, lets hope that is the trend and she feels much better Thursday.