Friday, June 13, 2008

Day +36- Free at last, free at last...

Thank God Almighty, we're free at last!!!!

You read it right folks! We are out of the hospital and officially in residence at our room in the RMH! Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo!

Gracie was so excited to leave we put her in the stroller and put her mask on and she didn't whine a bit! She knew she was leaving and that she needed the mask to do it.

As we left the room, we went by the nurses station and got a warm farewell from our new friends and then we headed out the big double doors of 5D as a family for the first time in almost 2 months. What an exhilarating feeling. Gracie never stopped looking around at all of the new sights... from the hallway to the elevator to the lobby and then outside- she was definately taking everything in. She didn't even mind the bright sunshine... I think she really enjoyed it.

We made it back to the RMH and then up to our room where Gracie is allowed to remove her mask. She was so excited to be in a new place and to be untethered from her lines that she just wore herself out immediately. So now, an hour after being discharged, Gracie is sacked out in her new pack 'n play and getting some good rest.

Its time for dinner here at the RMH, so I am going to head downstairs and pick up some plates and bring them back up. I'll try to post more later.

Thank you all again for your prayers and loving support.

10 comments:

Uncle Mack said...

Awesome! Congrats everyone! I assume that means she is officially infection free? I'm so happy for you all and I can't wait to see you!

uncle mack

Jimmy's mom said...

I am so happy for you guys you can't even inagine. This means she is doing so great. Have a good time as a family again.
Luv ya, MeMa

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!
I am happy you are all together at RMH. Let's hope everything keeps moving along nicely and you can make it back home to FL without any further bumps.

Lori said...

Thanks be for every last thing and for your need found freedom. Yahoo!
I am doing the jiggly dance (get the visual on that one) :) You've seen me dance...you get the picture. I'm just do excited. This is the best day ever!!

Kelsey said...

I am shedding tears of joy for you all right now! I am so happy she finaly got to leave. Go Gracie!

Emily said...

Yay! Congratulations to you all, especially Gracie. We're so happy for you!

Rylie Suzanna said...

Whoohooo! That's great news. We're happy, happy for you all. Keep up the great work, Gracie. Play and rest when you need to. And stay away from the yucky germies. Looking forward to seeing you back at the RMH.

Much love,
The Hays Fam

Amanda Salazar said...

I'm so excited for all of you and Gracie! What a happy day. Let's hope everything keeps going so well so you can get back to Florida soon!
Much love,
Amanda, Justin & Liam

Raising Baby Bee said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!

We're keeping Florida nice and warm for you while you're gone and hope you make it back soon!

*Adriann* said...

YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! OMG I am sorry I am late here and only saw this today!! I can imagine what kind of Father's Day Jimmy is having with you all at the RMH rather than the hospital! If you get a chance, please post what's ahead of Gracie in the next few weeks!!