Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day +52... Cleaning up for company...

Here we are, hanging out in the RMH, anxiously awaiting Munts' arrival. For those of you who don't know, Munts is my dad- Gracie's Grandpa. He will be the first of the family to arrive. This week we'll be having a LOT of visitors. First Munts, then Tuesday Uncle Mack and Aunt Hyster with Nuvy and Van will be here. Then Wednesday marks Daddy's return to Minneapolis and he'll be bringing Mema along too! Uncle Kent and Chris will be the last to arrive this weekend so that we can all celebrate Gracie's big 1st birthday! Gracie and I are so excited to host so many of our loved ones here in Minneapolis.

Tomorrow will be our last ERT, and hopefully we'll soon find out if Gracie's new cells are making the enzyme she's been missing... the whole point of having the transplant in the first place. I'm not sure when I'll find that out, but I'm going to ask about it during our long clinic visit tomorrow.

So far Gracie has continued to do very well. It turns out that she has officially weaned me from breastfeeding, but Mommy has been pumping to keep up her supply and Gracie has been having her breastmilk in a little glass. What a silly goose! She's not real interested in drinking from a bottle again or even a sippy cup yet, but I am hoping she'll be more open to the idea once her nausea subsides. Either way, I'm just glad she's taking it at all. The doctors all are encouraging me to give her breastmilk as soon as possible so that she can get all of the nutrition and antibodies it contains while her new immune system is cranking up. So far, so good. Gracie is our little champion and she is being very good at pleasing all of her doctors. Yay for my little brown-noser. :)

Gracie also returned to the realm of taking real baths this week... here's a pic or 2 of the Peanut in full splash mode. :) Enjoy.



10 comments:

MonkeyChuck said...

Thank you. I needed those. I miss my girls soooo much. I can't wait to see you both on Wednesday.

I love you both,
Daddy/Hubstand

lola said...

OMG I can't even stand it, thos pics are so cute. Look at that happy lil' monk. She is just adorable.

We love you Whites, I hope you find the chickie nuggets.

xo lo

Raising Baby Bee said...

I'm so glad that Gracie is feeling better. She looks happier in these photos than in the last few ones.

Lori said...

I love nudie tub shots!! I can't believe it's been a year! Happy Birthday Gracie! Hope you'll post birthday pictures! Smooches!

Auntie Chris said...

love the photos - she looks like she is really enjoying her "splash time"...can't wait to see everyone in a few days - hugs to all!

Emily said...

Look at that face! So cute!

By the way, we didn't drive in circles around Parliament and Big Ben, but we definitely have had that experience with some non-descript highway scenery. "Look kids - a bush! A sheep! Look - a bush! A sheep!"

*Adriann* said...

dear GOD that girl is cute!! I am so glad she is doing well!!! I know you cant wait for Yimmy to come tomorrow!!! Love you all!

*Adriann* said...

...and is her hair growing back BLONDE????

Testdriver said...

Is it just me, or did she lose some of that chin wattle?

Gracie, you look great! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

xoxo
Hys

Reign said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sarah, sorry I missed it!

So glad that Gracie continues to improve, she's such a little fighter and I'm so proud of her! I will be keeping all the other children in my prayers as well, I'm sad to hear that they are not doing as well as Gracie.

The pics are so cute, looks like she was enjoying her bath. I can't believe she will be 1 soon!!!