Thursday, February 14, 2008

Heading Home Today

Well, today we all say goodbye to the snow and ice in MN, and head back to our homes. I know we're all excited to get back to family and friends, and to our non-sleep number beds at home. I know that I'm going to miss seeing Sarah, Jimmy, and Gracie every day. I'll have to find something else to keep me busy now that I'm unemployed. :)

Gracie will be getting her ERT treatments every Wednesday down in Florida at Shands. I have no doubt she'll keep doing great. They plan to bring her back to Minneapolis in about 8 weeks (Early April), when she'll finish up some pre-transplant ERT, and then get prepped for chemo and her transplant. The first 1-2 weeks back will be a lot like this week has been. Lots of appointments, consults, tests. Then a week of chemo, and the transplant. Gracie will continue to get ERT in the immediate post-transplant period until she begins creating the enzyme on her own. At that time Gracie will be here for between 3 and 4 months, but at least it will be warmer. :)

Also, I'll surely have less to blog about since I won't be on hand for the next series of treatments. Mandy and I will be doing some research in the interim to try to teach ourselves (and you guys) a little more about this stuff, and Sarah, Jimmy, Noni, and Muntz will have to keep the blog up-to-date on the treatment progress.



5 comments:

Kelsey said...

I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Amanda Salazar said...

Have a safe journey home!

Reign said...

Yay for going home!!! I will be praying for a safe trip home for everyone.

*Adriann* said...

woohooo for going home!!! we miss you so much Sarah!!

Unknown said...

We miss you so much already, Uncle Noodles!