Saturday, February 9, 2008

Welcome to the frozen north!

Here were are. In Minnesota. Um yeah, its cold.

But despite my chilly feet and cold hands, I can tell you that I have a very warm heart. We met with many of the people here at the Transplant Clinic, and with each meeting or appointment, I became more and more sure that we are in the best place we can be. Everyone here is so nice. They're kind, friendly, accomodating, and full of information. So much so that I think my head is about to explode. We still have some huge decisions regarding the ERT/Transplant route to make and before we do we need even MORE information, but truly and for the most part, I am at peace with this process and I know that Gracie's chance at life is as at its best because we're here.


Gracie has been exceptionally happy and well-behaved since we've been here. She has hit 2 major milestones in the past 3 days... first, she audibly laughed out loud. I must say, thats the best sound I have ever heard in my life. My heart nearly bursts every time I hear it. Also, she finally rolled over!!!! Woohoo. Gracie rolled from tummy to back last night to the sounds of wild applause from Mommy and Daddy and Uncle Mack. What a celebration! It seems that the subzero temperatures and the midwestern landscapes sit well with her. :) We miss home and family and friends though and we're looking forward to getting back to the warmth and comfort of the sunshine state soon. :)



I have lots of info to post, especially the online forum I found for MPS folks, but I have my little Peanut to tend to at the moment. So it will have to wait for another post, but I'll leave you with this to make you smile.

All bundled up and ready to face the weather! :) I promise we'll try to get more pics posted soon. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Uncle Mack said...

What a little cutie pie

*Adriann* said...

YAYYAYYA for laughing and rolling over! how wonderful!! And how cute she looks all bundled like a marshmallow. Love and miss you Sarah!!

Auntie Chris said...

she looks as-snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug in her baby seat...give her a big hug from me and tell he "congrats" for rolling over - YAY!

Reign said...

Yay Gracie!!! Isn't their laugh the best sound ever???

Lori said...

I love the hat, we miss you too, and no need to hurry home for the weather, it's cold again.